Build the original midistomp pedal for yourself with this DIY MIDI controller kit! This kit comes with all the parts you need to build a midistomp six – except some small consumable
Downloadable instructions and video links will be emailed after purchase.
To Build a functional pedal, you will need to:
- Solder the parts to the PCB
- Have access to a Mac or Windows PC to install the code on the device (simple process)
- Drill a hole for the optional expression port
The midistomp six: our original budget USB MIDI controller. Conceived as an alternative to expensive MIDI controllers, it boasts popular functions while maintaining the low cost of production and hugely appealing open-source and easily edited code.
- 5 Latching footswitches with red/green LED rings which are responsive to MIDI received from software
- 1 Momentary footswitch which sends MIDI CC – intended for tap tempo
- Tempo LED with adjustable brightness which flashes as per software tempo (can be turned off in code)
- Optional TRS Jack for expression pedal
- Multiple banks for the 5 latching switches. Simply hold down the tap tempo switch to cycle through banks of controls
- Reset button for changing/uploading profiles to device.
The code is designed to be easily edited by the end user for changing parameters such as MIDI CC controller numbers or notes, function of switches, etc.
The Arduino IDE and Teensyduino are required to edit control numbers or turn functions on and off.
midistomp six will work in all major DAWs and any MIDI-controllable software which uses MIDI CC. It works well with Mainstage 3 and its built in amp and pedal simulations, as well as Logic Pro X, Waves GTR3, Pro Tools, Reaper, Ableton LIVE, and more. Please use the contact form if you have any more questions about specific functionality.
Midistomp has been tested in:
These MIDI controllers are made from parts widely available from online retailers.
They are a non-commerical build and run on open-source code and development boards which means they are easily modifiable and repairable if needed.
midistomp six is handbuilt in Australia with imported parts. It runs using TEENSY 2.0 and the midi library. links to both may be found at pjrc.com